Between a new job, a new schedule, and a very distracted toddler — it was definitely time for some new school activities! But I decided to do something new — make a week of easy tot school, utilizing past activities and anything I could come up with quickly! I have to admit, I am happy with the results!
So here is our quick set of 7 truly random tot school activities!
- Outer Space Stampers
- Tricky Triangle
- Tongs and Pom Pom Match
- Dried Peas & Salt Pouring
- Beady Worms
- Counting Foam Cubes
- Bunny Peek-a-Boo
- Four fun “make a spaceship” stampers from Oriental Trading and some index cards to make pictures.
- A favorite little game – I gave him the luxury of 15 pegs because he just does not like that empty hole!
- The cardstock circles were still in a paint tray from the last time we did this activity, so I set it up again with a pair of bamboo tongs this time.
- A variation on another successful activity
- Used dried peas instead of rice and included a tiny funnel
- A few days later we used pasta rings and some old wild rice along with the salt
- We did this one before too!
- Use pipe cleaners and beads to make cute creatures!
- Simply a favorite Lakeshore Learning math tray and 30 dollar store foam cubes.
- He can aptly count to 11 but this may help us connect those additional numbers!
- The cutest game — Bunny Peek-a-Boo!
- Again, we only gave him the easiest cards. He hasn’t seen this for about a month so we’ll see how he does.
More than anything, this easy tot school non-theme was good for me. I had a goal of setting up something in 10 minutes; it more like 20. But still, it was nice to know I can set up something decent, quickly, and that we know have plenty of supplies and tools to do so!
We do have a formal theme coming up next — the seasonally appropriate Weather. This may actually last up to two weeks — we are still deciding!