Due to our schedule we ended up doing a shortened Thanksgiving tot school theme. It was fun to incorporate the holiday into school, though! Several printables here are from the Thanksgiving Pre-K Pack by Over the Big Moon — thank you so much for the helpful activities!
- Thanksgiving Tracing Printables
- Montessori-style Thanksgiving Cards
- Color the Turkey
- Cutting Practice
- What Comes Next?
- Shadow Matching
- Make a Dough Turkey
- Simple Corn Sensory Bin
- Thanksgiving Picture & Word Tracing Printables from Totschooling — thanks!
- Put these in a tray with a pencil, and gave him one or two each day.
- These are from the Thanksgiving Pre-K Pack from Over the Big Moon – thank you!
- Printed these in color and trimmed accordingly
- Gave to him in 3 containers – words, pictures, and combo cards.
- Another great printable from the Thanksgiving Pre-K Pack!
- Printed in color so he could see what colors to use for each turkey.
- It wouldn’t be school without cutting practice This one is from the pre-k pack!
- Over the Big Moon’s pack included this very cute patterning activity
- As usual, printed this in color and trimmed the additional pieces for completing the patterns.
- One of my favorite printables!
- Gave him the whole set of festive Thanksgiving images and their corresponding shadows!
- This idea is from Teach Preschool — thank you!
- So cute — a ball of orange dough, big wiggle eyes, a foam beak-looking piece, and some long feathers!
- One of our favorites for sensory play
- Just a bucket of corn with a few plastic corn “trays” for corn on the cob!
It was a shortened school week due to the holiday, but as usual, we all enjoyed the festive theme! We also ended up bringing an “apple cinnamon oatmeal” bin for the big Thanksgiving get-together, too.
His skills were really shining, too! He took such careful time with coloring in the turkeys. His tracing skills are excellent! I think all his time at the easel is paying off.
Finally, though we generally put out a dough tray each week, he really took to this one. We got out more eyes, beaks and feathers so he could make a whole turkey family.
This has been shared with 1+1+1=1’s Tot School Gathering Place, Motivation Monday, Montessori Monday, Mommy Monday Blog Hop, Practical Mondays, The Homeschool Nook, Hip Homeschool Hop, Tuesday Talk, Turn it Up Tuesdays, Wonderful Wednesday Linky Party, and Small Victories Sunday!