This has been a fun one to put together — 9 Sports tot trays and activities! I could probably set up a week for each sport. Here are the ones we are doing this time!
- Soccer Ball Paper Craft
- Hockey Stickers
- Sports Stickers on Container
- Mini Basketball
- Paper Plate Tennis
- Golf Tees in Foam “Green”
- Coloring Pages
- Egg & Eraser Item Match
- Letters & MLB* Logos Match
*Logos are property of the MLB of course!
- Idea based off this image — thank you!
- Cut pentagrams out blue cardstock with the Silhouette Cameo
- Included glue and flattened coffee filters to glue on pentagrams like a soccer ball
- (This matches the IKEA ball in the background!)
- First of two sticker activities
- Printed hockey rink in color
- Included hockey stickers from Party City (no longer available)
- Second sticker activity
- Included a container from to-go Thai soup to decorate
- Included several sports-themed stickers from Party City, OTC and our collection
- When done I will cover the outside of the container with duct tape and use it to store pens!
- Based on idea from Learning Through Play — thank you!
- Made a mini version with a tiny dollar store basket
- Cut rectangle from gray cardstock, rounded the corners and drew a smaller rectangle
- Attached rectangle (backboard) to basket with foam adhesive squares
- Included 3 tiny bouncy balls
- Based on idea from We Have Aars — thank you!
- Used two dessert-sized party plates and 2 wavy fan handles
- Attached handles to back of plates with white duct tape
- Instead of balloon (cat) we used a sponge ball from OTC
- Made a golf “green” to stick tees into, then balance practice golf balls on top
- Used dollar store foam circle
- Cut circle out of green copy paper, glued on top with simple glue stick (so it is still easy to push tees in)
- Taped a piece of green ribbon around the edge of the foam
- Included 4 each of golf tees and practice golf balls
- Printed four fun sports coloring pages with Mickey, Donald, Goofy and Minnie
- Included crayons at first, then gave him markers later!
- Put the correct number of erasers in the matching plastic egg
- Six dollar store sports eggs, 2 each of basketball, soccer, and baseball
- Plus nine nice quality sports erasers found on clearance at Michaels, 3 each of basketball, soccer, and baseball
- Put stickers of 1 and 2 on each egg
- Placed eggs on paint palette, erasers in small container
- Printed six MLB team logos in color
- In Word, made six squares of same size with the letters of each logo, printed black and white
- Cut all squares
- Made a worksheet with the team logo (in black and white) on one side, blank square on other to match the letters
- MLB logos are courtesy of each team and the MLB!
Our sports tot trays and activities theme is inspired by many sports events going on right now. It is a great time of year if you are a sports fan!
I think he enjoyed the mini basketball the most, followed closely by the Disney coloring pages. Funny enough, a couple weeks after this theme concluded he asked for the tennis again. I think a TV show (likely Caillou – during that short but fateful period where he watched that show) piqued his interest in tennis.
(Please note: Caillou only lasted about six weeks in our house. Not a good show if you ask us!!)
Shared at 1+1+1=1’s Tot School Gathering Place, Everything Kids Link & Pin Party, Montessori Monday, Hip Homeschool Hop,Learning Kid Link-Up, A Little Bird Told Me Link Party, Learn and Play Link-Up, Favorite Things Friday and the Hearts for Home Blog Hop! A special thanks to thank you to Wind in a Letterbox for featuring it!